Many people must have installed Yahoo Messenger on their PC and their laptops. Installing messenger is very easy and smooth process. The increasing demand of of yahoo messenger has increased the installation demands and sometimes this process encounters problem. The resulting error interrupt the installation creating irritation and frustration.
One such error occurs after complete downloading process of Yahoo messenger and the message pops uninstalling Yahoo Messenger is “Yahoo Messenger Install Unsuccessful”. Don’t worry we are here with the perfect solution for which here is a quick troubleshoot guide to fix this error.
Subscribe to our Newsletter!
Get Free Themes, Templates, Fonts, Plugins and Latest Deals of Design Products.
Prior to downloading and installing Yahoo Messenger, you must ensure following requirements.
- You should be logged in as Administrator or should have administrator rights.
- 100 MB free disk space on your hard disk.
- Disable antivirus/spyware protection, you can enable protection after complete installation.
- Close all programs running on your PC (including programs running in background).
- Meet minimum system requirements.
If you still get error in spite of meeting requirements mentioned above, it is likely that your system needs to be updated with a patch.
- Go to Windows Installer update website [Link]
- Click download, follow on screen prompts.
- For Windows XP, you also need to install ‘Windows XM Lite Update [Link]
If this patch don’t do the trick for you try running compatibility for Yahoo Messengerdownloaded file.
- Right click Yahoo Messenger install file, click on Properties.
- Click Compatibility
- Select the checkbox for Run this program in compatibility mode.
- Select your operating system from drop down menu.
- Select the checkbox for Run as Administrator.
- Click OK.
- Double-click the install file and follow the on screen prompts to install Yahoo Messenger.
Use Safe Mode
If nothing works out for you, use safe mode while installing Yahoo Messenger. Using safe mode will keep any software from diverging or influencing installation of Yahoo Messenger.
- Uninstall/remove any incomplete installation
- Delete Yahoo Messenger folder
- Download Yahoo offline installer.
- Restart your PC.
- While booting go to Boot Options by pressing F8.
- Choose “Safe Mode with Networking”
- Download and install Yahoo Messenger.
Do let us know if you have any more fixes for this issue.