Audio editor is an application which helps you in editing audio files visually, record audio from a microphone or any other available input device. It is a multi functional task which performs several task altogether. It allows you to perform various operations with your audio files, such as filtering, adding effects.
There are multiple ways by which these audio editors can be used and luckily many audio editors are available online. We have brought you famous audio editors which are perfect for your purpose.
Subscribe to our Newsletter!
Get Free Themes, Templates, Fonts, Plugins and Latest Deals of Design Products.
So enjoy our collection on audio editors which are free. Try the free deal and we will soon bring you paid deal too on audio editors. Common Jump to our post on “10 Popular Free Audio Editors”
Mp3Splt-project is a utility to split mp3 and ogg files selecting a begin and an end time position. If you want to split an album, you can select split points and file names manually or you can get them automatically from CDDB (internet or a local file) or from cue files.
DJ Audio Editor is a simple and well-organized audio application which allows you to perform various editing operations with audio data. You can create and edit audio files professionally, also displaying a waveform image of audio file makes your work faster.
Traverso DAW is a GPL licensed, cross platform multitrack audio recording and editing software.
- Intuitive user interface
- Adding and removal of effects plugins, moving Audio Clips and creating new Tracks during playback are all perfectly safe.
Audacity is a free, open source software for recording and editing sounds.
- Records live audio.
- Converts tapes & records into digital recordings or CDs.
- Edit Ogg Vorbis, MP3, WAV or AIFF sound files.
- Cut, copy, splice or mix sounds together.
- Built-in effects to remove static, hiss, hum or other constant background noises.
Power Sound Editor Free is a visual audio editing and recording software.
- Record your own music, voice, or other audio files
- Edit, mix with other audio or musical parts
- Add effects like Reverb, Chorus, and Echo
- Burn it on a CD, post it on the World Wide Web or e-mail it
Music Editor Free is a free and award winning music editor software tool.
- Record and edit music and sounds.
- Make and edit music, voice and other audio recordings.
- Cut, copy and paste parts of recordings.
- Add effects like echo, amplification and noise reduction.
Hydrogen is an advanced drum machine for GNU/Linux. It’s main aim is to bring professional yet simple and intuitive pattern-based drum programming.
Ardour is a digital audio workstation.
- Record, edit and mix multi-track audio.
- Produce your own CDs, mix video soundtracks.
- Multichannel recording
- Non-destructive editing with unlimited undo/redo
- Full automation support
- Powerful mixer
- Unlimited tracks/busses/plugins
- Timecode synchronization
- Hardware control from surfaces like the Mackie Control Universal.
mp3DirectCut is a fast and extensive audio editor and recorder for compressed mp3.
- Cut, copy, paste or change the volume
- No need to decompress files for audio editing
- Using Cue sheets, pause detection or Auto cue you can easily divide long files.
Wavosaur is a cool free sound editor, audio editor, wav editor software for editing, processing and recording sounds, wav and mp3 files. Wavosaur has all the features to edit audio (cut, copy, paste, etc.) produce music loops, analyze, record, batch convert. Wavosaur supports VST plugins, ASIO driver, multichannel wav files, real time effect processing.